Dragon Fruit Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies are delicious any time of the day. You can enjoy them As a delicious breakfast, a hearty mid morning refresher, or even a quick afternoon pick me up.
One of our favorite smoothies just has to be a dragon fruit smoothie. They are tasty, full of health benefits, and super easy to make!
In this article, we will be telling you exactly how to make the perfect dragonfruit smoothie, as well as the many amazing health benefits you can gain from them.
To make our delicious Easy Dragon Fruit Smoothie recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 and a half cups of frozen dragon fruit (cubed is best)
- 1 banana (as ripe as possible for the best flavor)
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries (or all three if you like!)
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (you can use half a cup for a thicker smoothie)
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds (or more if you like the texture)
You can use any milk that you like. We like using plant-based milk for a number of reasons. It makes the recipe vegan, dairy-free, and we actually much prefer the texture and taste of plant-based milk over dairy milk. Oat milk works really well, as does almond and coconut.
As we mentioned, any frozen berries are great to use. Frozen berries can be replaced by fresh berries if you prefer. We think frozen berries add a great texture to the smoothie and turn it into more of a meal as it gets thick! Sort of like a healthy, flavorful slush!
Lastly, as we mentioned, frozen dragon fruit is best (again, for texture reasons), but if you only have fresh fruit then that is absolutely fine too! Just use what you have and you can really personalize it to suit your tastes.
How to make
The method of making this delicious smoothie is super easy! We do recommend that you use a high-speed blender with an ice setting on there for the best results since many of the ingredients are actually frozen!
If you do not have this, then you can use a regular blender. However, if you do this, you may want to either reconsider using frozen ingredients and swapping them out for fresh or adding them in one by one and blending slowly.
Keep on reading to find out our exact (and super easy instructions). You will be blown away by how quickly you will be able to feast on your easy dragon fruit smoothie!
- In a large high-speed blender (or any regular blender) you should put frozen dragon fruit, ripe banana, frozen blueberries (or raspberries and strawberries…whatever you have), milk of choice, and chia seeds.
- Put the blender on full power until it has all blended together.
- When you are satisfied with the thickness of the smoothie you can serve it into a glass or bowl of your choice. If you serve it in a bowl you can make a delicious smoothie bowl. Serve it with extra dragon fruit, banana coins, and fresh berries!
- If you desire a thicker smoothie you can add more dragon fruit, bananas, and even berries! For a thinner smoothie, I recommend adding some more milk of your choice!
- Do you prefer yours to taste a little sweeter? Add in some natural sweetener, honey, or sugar beforehand so it can blend in together.
- …and voila! The perfect easy-to-make dragon fruit smoothie! You’ll want to make this every single morning!
Smoothies are not just a totally delicious breakfast food (or any time of the day snack) but they are also super nutritious, filling, and packed full of everything you need to get your day off to a good start!
Any smoothies are good, but our recipe above for an easy dragon fruit smoothie is particularly good for you. The reason for this is because dragon fruit just so happens to be brimming with excellent nutrients.
Dragon fruit is actually relatively low in calories. This is a winner for those who are dieting or watching their calorie intake. This means you can fill up on it until you are satisfied.
However, it is densely packed with lots of desirable nutrients such as fiber, a great source of carbs, iron, vitamins C and E, and a hefty amount of magnesium.
As well as this, dragon fruit is rich in antioxidants such as carotenoids, betalains, and the aforementioned vitamin C. antioxidants are great for neutralizing free radicals which can otherwise cause inflammation and cell damage.
Lastly, it is a great choice for those people who have low iron. There are not many fruits on this earth that contain iron, but dragonfruit is one of them! It provides 8% of your daily iron intake, which may not seem like a lot but it makes a nice change from spinach and steak!
We always want to be transparent and honest about our article content. From time to time, we may link to products and services that compensate us for the referral. This does not affect your cost, but it does help us fund future content for this site.